Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom


Today is my mother's birthday. Some years are harder than others since she's been gone. We would celebrate our birthdays together since they are only 3 days apart. This year, today has been difficult. But the other day, on my birthday, one of my frequent customers, Judy, came into the store. She's so frequent that we have developed a friendship and sometimes she acts as my therapist. We talked about how my mother was my age when I was born (and today, she would be twice as old as I am, so see if you can figure out the equation!) and said "I'm sure your mom would be proud of you," with regards to my starting this business. It made that day a little bit easier.

I am proud of our store. In case you hadn't heard, we were recently voted "Best Children's Store" on SFgate.com. A pretty nice birthday present. For both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment